[Bioc-devel] Support site RSS feeds

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Tue Mar 27 18:41:27 CEST 2018

On 03/27/2018 12:11 PM, Mike Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to do some auditing on how frequently questions are asked about
> the packages I maintain (and also maybe whether I answer them).  I can't
> see anything in the forum API
> (https://support.bioconductor.org/info/api/) about
> tags but I thought maybe the tag RSS feed would work e.g.
>
> https://support.bioconductor.org/feeds/tag/biomaRt+rhdf5/
>
> That's nice since it has dates for filtering and a hash to match posts
> between queries, however I only get 25 results, which span posts from 2006
> to 2018.  Is there a way to get a more comprehensive output? Or an
> alternative mechanism to list all posts identified using a tag?

I don't really have a great idea. Something like

   https://support.bioconductor.org/t/rhdf5/?limit=This%20year

shows questions /t/agged with rhdf5 and asked this year (last 365 days),
so total questions asked is pretty accessible; after that I'm not sure
other than creative web scraping; the urls are easy to construct.

Martin