[Bioc-devel] Help: git push complains non-existing files being too big

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Mon Mar 26 19:39:44 CEST 2018

Martin,

A while ago, Jim suggested to replace two big data files with two smaller ones, which I did.

Oddly, when I tried to import the package GUIDEseq to github today, it still mentions these two files being too big, although I do not see these two files in my local repository, checked out from the Bioconductor repository.

JulieZhuMac2017:GUIDEseq ZHUJ$ git rm -r inst/extdata/HEK293_site4All.bed
fatal: pathspec 'inst/extdata/HEK293_site4All.bed' did not match any files

Could you please help? Thanks!

Best regards,

Julie

FYI, I am following the steps outlined at https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/maintain-github-bioc/

JulieZhuMac2017:GUIDEseq ZHUJ$  git push origin master
Counting objects: 515, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (180/180), done.
Writing objects: 100% (515/515), 107.80 MiB | 18.38 MiB/s, done.
Total 515 (delta 344), reused 483 (delta 320)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (344/344), done.
remote: warning: File inst/extdata/HEK293_site4All.bam is 87.88 MB; this is larger than GitHub's recommended maximum file size of 50.00 MB
remote: error: GH001: Large files detected. You may want to try Git Large File Storage - https://git-lfs.github.com.
remote: error: Trace: faafca1a45d562b62039862ac0dfbf85
remote: error: See http://git.io/iEPt8g for more information.
remote: error: File inst/extdata/HEK293_site4All.bed is 124.11 MB; this exceeds GitHub's file size limit of 100.00 MB
To https://github.com/LihuaJulieZhu/GUIDEseq.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://github.com/LihuaJulieZhu/GUIDEseq.git'