[Bioc-devel] hook declined or non-fast-forward problem

Yuande Tan tanyuande at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:55:56 CEST 2018

Dear All,
I tried to git push upstream master but I met problem:

To git.bioconductor.org:packages/MBttest.git

 ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast-forward)

error: failed to push some refs to 'git at git.bioconductor.org:
packages/MBttest.git'

hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behind

hint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.

hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.

Actually fixed merge conflict by using git add . and git commit -m
"Resolved merge conflict by incorporating both suggestions."

and git add ../README.md and git commit -m "add README.md file."

I used git pull --allow-unrelated-histories origin master

and I got

>From https://github.com/Yuande/MBttest

 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD

Already up to date.

I still did *~/.ssh*$ git push upstream master and I got the same error
(non-fast-forward).

When I used *~/.ssh*$ git push -f upstream master, I got "error: hook
declined to update refs/heads/master"

So how do I address this "hook declined" error?

Thanks

Yuande Tan