[Bioc-devel] Including a submodule in the main package repository

Turaga, Nitesh Nite@h@Tur@g@ @ending from Ro@wellP@rk@org
Mon Jun 18 17:30:50 CEST 2018

Hi Tom,

I agree with Kasper. It is far easier to maintain two repos and sync with your Bioconductor package as needed. We have no protocols in place or documentation in place to support submodules at the moment.

I also want to add that your setup on GitHub is up to you as a maintainer and developer. As long as the repository on the Bioconductor server has all the required files to build and make your package work as expected.

I’ll explore submodules a little more and get back to you.

Best,

Nitesh