[Bioc-devel] BiocManager to install Depends/Imports/Suggests

Bernd Klaus bernd@kl@u@ @ending from embl@de
Tue Jul 24 16:38:49 CEST 2018

Dear all,

we recently observed a similar behavior due to a bug
in the remotes package which has been fixed in the github
version of the package:

https://github.com/r-lib/remotes/commit/d3a6766c0bcb456b82a0b06608f6149
fe4f5d83e

essentially, internally, somewhere, it would do  something like:

  if (identical(type, "both")) {
    type <- "binary"
 }

which makes annotation packages install fail on Mac
(Windows as well I think). The fix for this is in the github
version of remotes but not on CRAN.

Best wishes,

Bernd