[Bioc-devel] BiocManager to install Depends/Imports/Suggests

Levi Waldron lw@ldron@re@e@rch @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jul 9 18:48:34 CEST 2018

Thanks Pariksheet and Martin! It seems that in fact both of these
approaches work, e.g. (I made a simpler test case to figure this out):

devtools::install_github("lwaldron/nothing", repos =
BiocManager::repositories(), dependencies = TRUE)
remove.packages(c("nothing", "ABCp2"))
BiocManager::install("lwaldron/nothing", dependencies = TRUE)

It's the dependencies of the Remotes: in Bioconductor/BiocWorkshops that
get skipped, but at this point it seems like trying to do dependency
management through GitHub and asking for trouble. I think the thing to do
is to copy all the dependencies of the Remotes: directly into the
DESCRIPTION file to streamline installation.