[Bioc-devel] BiocManager to install Depends/Imports/Suggests

Martin Morgan m@rtin@morg@n @ending from ro@wellp@rk@org
Mon Jul 9 17:59:52 CEST 2018

I'm not able to confirm this, but since BiocManager::install() uses
remotes::install_github() when it sees a pattern "foo/bar", I think
BiocManager::install("foo/bar", dependencies = TRUE) will behave as
desired.

For local installs, I think we end up at utils::install.packages(),
where the docs say

dependencies: logical indicating whether to also install uninstalled
           packages which these packages depend on/link
           to/import/suggest (and so on recursively).  Not used if
           'repos = NULL'.

where I think the repos has to be NULL for the local installation... I
don't want BiocManager::install() to deviate from base R behavior in
this case.

Martin