[Bioc-devel] Version bumps

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Tue Jan 23 16:15:07 CET 2018

On 01/22/2018 07:19 PM, Yuande Tan wrote:
> Dear Martin,
> I have install git and also built github and created public and private
> keys and built config for automatically loading keys into the ssh-agent
> and store passphrases in my keychain.  my .ssh has files:
>
> ~/.ssh/config
>
> ~/.ssh/id_rsa
>
> ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
>
> ~/.ssh/known_hosts
>

> I tried ssh git at github.com <mailto:git at github.com> to automatically load
> keys into the ssh-agent and store passphrases in my keychain but every
> time I got bad option:
>
> /Users/yuandet/.ssh/config: line 4: Bad configuration option: addkeystoagent
>
> /Users/yuandet/.ssh/config: terminating, 1 bad configuration options
>

> I used google to try address this problem, but I have not found any
> answer so far.

Did you follow the simple instructions here?

https://help.github.com/articles/generating-a-new-ssh-key-and-adding-it-to-the-ssh-agent/

To debug, it would help to see your ./ssh/config file. It is a plain
text file, and can be edited using a normal text editor. Simply remove
the AddKeysToAgent line.

This seems likely to be due to differences in macOS versions, as
summarized here

   https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2449/_index.html

Martin