[Bioc-devel] Pushing to upstream master

Anand MT @n@nd_mt @ending from hotm@il@com
Tue Dec 18 16:18:45 CET 2018

Hi Nitesh,

I have checked my remotes, they are fine.

$ git remote -v
origin	https://github.com/PoisonAlien/maftools.git (fetch)
origin	https://github.com/PoisonAlien/maftools.git (push)
upstream	git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/maftools.git (fetch)
upstream	git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/maftools.git (push)

I had no issues earlier pushing to master/release branch (in earlier releases).

I also did a fresh pull on a new branch, I still have the same issue.

$ git branch devel
$ git checkout devel
Switched to branch 'devel'
$ git pull upstream master
From git.bioconductor.org:packages/maftools
* branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Auto-merging DESCRIPTION
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in DESCRIPTION
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
$ vi DESCRIPTION
*fixed conflict*
$ git add .
$ git commit -m "version bump"
[devel 6e4dcbd] version bump
$ git push upstream master
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/maftools.git
! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/maftools.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because a pushed branch tip is behind its remote
hint: counterpart. Check out this branch and integrate the remote changes
hint: (e.g. 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.

Thanks.

-Anand.