[Bioc-devel] Aliasing `]` breaks BiocCheck::BiocCheck() version 1.18.0

Shian Su @u@@ @ending from wehi@edu@@u
Tue Dec 18 02:34:10 CET 2018

Hi all,

If you put

foo <- `[`

Somewhere in a package, it will trigger

Error in makeUsageCollector(fun, ...) : only works for closures

In BiocCheck::BiocCheck() (version 1.18.0). This comes from

if (typeof(fun) != "closure")
        stop("only works for closures")

In codetools::makeUsageCollector(), but

> typeof(`[`)
## "special"

Not that it matters for my use-case because I had discovered magrittr’s extract alias, but it might be an edge case worth covering, especially since the error message is so cryptic.

Kind regards,
Shian Su

The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
You must not disclose, forward, print or use it without the permission of the sender.

The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute acknowledges the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin
Nation as the traditional owners of the land where our campuses are located and
the continuing connection to country and community.