[Bioc-devel] BioC 3.9 devel builds

Pages, Herve hp@ge@ @ending from fredhutch@org
Mon Dec 17 19:55:28 CET 2018

Hi Michael,

I don't think we have any package that require C++14 at the moment.

I see 36 software packages that have SystemRequirements: C++11 in devel. I agree that package authors should probably stick to that and avoid C++14 for now.

The change I made to the build system is just a minor improvement to the following pages:

  https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.9/bioc-LATEST/malbec2-NodeInfo.html

  https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.9/bioc-LATEST/tokay2-NodeInfo.html

  https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.9/bioc-LATEST/merida2-NodeInfo.html

Right now the old obsolete CXX1X* config variables are still displayed. With my change the new ones (CXX11*) will be displayed. Since I was on it, I also added the CXX98* and CXX14* variables, for the sake of completeness/transparency. All these new variables should become visible tomorrow.

H.