[Bioc-devel] Cairo Error on MacOS on Bioc 3.9

Christian Mertes merte@ @ending from in@tum@de
Fri Dec 14 13:36:40 CET 2018

Dear Bioconductor team,

I noticed that my package OUTRIDER and also some others have an issue
with the Cairo package.

The error is:

.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Cairo', details:
   call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
   error: unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so':
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so,
6): Symbol not found: _FcConfigGetCurrent
   Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so
   Expected in: flat namespace
  in
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so

https://bioc.ism.ac.jp/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/OUTRIDER/merida2-checksrc.html
https://bioc.ism.ac.jp/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/CATALYST/merida2-checksrc.html

Also the same error came up in earlier versions already and was then solved.

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2015-June/007643.html

I guess this is rather an issue of the test server. But if you need more
information on this, please let me know.

Best regards,

Christian Mertes

--
*Christian Mertes* | PhD Student / Lab Administrator

*Gagneur Lab* - Computational Genomics
I12 - Department of Informatics
Technical University of Munich
Boltzmannstr. 3, 85748 Garching, Germany

mertes using in.tum.de <mailto:mertes using in.tum.de> | http://gagneurlab.in.tum.de