[Bioc-devel] Git failing to push upstream to Bioc devel

Turaga, Nitesh Nite@h@Tur@g@ @ending from Ro@wellP@rk@org
Fri Aug 31 17:00:04 CEST 2018

Hi,

You cannot force push to git.bioconductor.org.

Please "git pull" before you do anything else.

Best

Nitesh

From: Koen Van den Berge
Sent: Friday, August 31, 8:01 PM
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Git failing to push upstream to Bioc devel
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org

Dear All, I have updated the vignette from the stageR package. I successfully committed the edit to my Github repo, and also wanted to push it to Bioc devel. However, Git is rejecting my push, while my working tree seems to be clean. Forcing the push with `git push -f` does not solve the issue. I was wondering if there are any suggestions on how to fix this. You can find the output from Git below. Thank you in advance, Best, Koen w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git status nothing to commit, working tree clean w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git pull upstream master From git.bioconductor.org:packages/stageR * branch master -> FETCH_HEAD Already up-to-date. w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git add . w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git commit . nothing to commit, working tree clean w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git push upstream master To git.bioconductor.org:packages/stageR.git ! [rejected] master -> master (non-fast-forward) error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/stageR.git' hint: Updates were rejected because a pushed branch tip is behind its remote hint: counterpart. Check out this branch and integrate the remote changes hint: (e.g. 'git pull ...') before pushing again. hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details. [[alternative HTML version deleted]] _______________________________________________ Bioc-devel using r-project.org mailing list https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioc-devel