[Bioc-devel] Git failing to push upstream to Bioc devel

Koen Van den Berge koen@vdberge @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Aug 31 16:31:36 CEST 2018

Dear All,

I have updated the vignette from the stageR package.
I successfully committed the edit to my Github repo, and also wanted to push it to Bioc devel.
However, Git is rejecting my push, while my working tree seems to be clean.
Forcing the push with `git push -f` does not solve the issue.
I was wondering if there are any suggestions on how to fix this.
You can find the output from Git below.

Thank you in advance,
Best,
Koen

w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git status
nothing to commit, working tree clean
w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git pull upstream master
From git.bioconductor.org:packages/stageR
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.
w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git add .
w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git commit .
nothing to commit, working tree clean
w254h198:stageR koenvandenberge$ git push upstream master
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/stageR.git
 ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/stageR.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because a pushed branch tip is behind its remote
hint: counterpart. Check out this branch and integrate the remote changes
hint: (e.g. 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.