[Bioc-devel] Major update to rhdf5 and Rhdf5lib

Mike Smith grimbough @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Aug 23 13:46:36 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I've just submitted updated versions of rhdf5 (2.25.7) and Rhdf5lib (1.3.2)
to the BioC devel branch.  These represent a significant change as the
underlying version of HDF5 has now changed from 1.8.19 to 1.10.2.  This has
been done in response to an increasing prevalence of files that cannot be
read with HDF5 1.8.

The most significant change from an R package point of view is that the
internal handles for HDF5 objects switched to being 64bit integers, which
are more tricky to deal with directly in R.  Hopefully I have caught and
handled these cases, and the packages are building/passing check for me on
Linux and Windows.  I have also run the tests distributed with HDF5Array,
DelayedArray, and DelayedMatrixStats and all seem fine.  However, if you
encounter a new and exciting error please reply here or open an issue at
https://github.com/grimbough/rhdf5/issues

HDF5 1.10 provides a number of new features that you can read about at
https://support.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/docNewFeatures/ If you need access to one
of these and it's not obviously available via rhdf5 then again please
contact me & I'll prioritise things accordingly.

Thanks,

Mike