[Bioc-devel] Last minute error in the build

Shepherd, Lori Lori.Shepherd at RoswellPark.org
Mon Apr 30 16:23:58 CEST 2018

The package will have a release version.  The branches are frozen now to proceed with the release branching.  If the ERROR persists this just means you will have to update your fix on the RELEASE_3_7 branch and the devel (master) branch.   There will be an email notification when pushes can resume to the git server.

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces at r-project.org> on behalf of Kangeyan, Divy <divyswar01 at g.harvard.edu>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 10:16:59 AM
To: bioc-devel at r-project.org
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Last minute error in the build

Hi,
    I am the author of *scmeth* package that was submitted during this
cycle. I know that there will be a new bioconductor release tomorrow. My
package has been passing all the builds until April 27th which is past
April 25th, the deadline to pass R CMD check and R CMD build. Now I see
errors in the nightly builds which probably happened over the weekend.
Following is the error:

Error: processing vignette 'my-vignette.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
HDF5Matrix object uses internal representation from DelayedArray
  >= 0.5.11 and < 0.5.24 and cannot be displayed or used. Please update it with:

      object <- updateObject(object, verbose=TRUE)

  and re-serialize it.
Execution halted

The error looks like it is related to a deprecated object in my vignette. I
am not sure whether this is something that I have to update in the new
development version or something that I can resolve now. Considering the
new release is tomorrow and all the builds passed beyond the deadline I am
wondering whether the package will have a release version?

Thank you,
Divy