[Bioc-devel] Last minute error in the build

Kangeyan, Divy divyswar01 at g.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 30 16:16:59 CEST 2018

Hi,
    I am the author of *scmeth* package that was submitted during this
cycle. I know that there will be a new bioconductor release tomorrow. My
package has been passing all the builds until April 27th which is past
April 25th, the deadline to pass R CMD check and R CMD build. Now I see
errors in the nightly builds which probably happened over the weekend.
Following is the error:

Error: processing vignette 'my-vignette.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
HDF5Matrix object uses internal representation from DelayedArray
  >= 0.5.11 and < 0.5.24 and cannot be displayed or used. Please update it with:

      object <- updateObject(object, verbose=TRUE)

  and re-serialize it.
Execution halted

The error looks like it is related to a deprecated object in my vignette. I
am not sure whether this is something that I have to update in the new
development version or something that I can resolve now. Considering the
new release is tomorrow and all the builds passed beyond the deadline I am
wondering whether the package will have a release version?

Thank you,
Divy