[Bioc-devel] Missed deadline

Kenneth Condon roonysgalbi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:31:47 CEST 2018

Hi Gabe & Levi,

Here is my current plan:

1 - complete the requirements checklist (
http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/package-submission/)
2 - get feedback the in-house NGS team, and then from the rest of in-house
bioinformatics (others who use R more may spot some issues)
3 - set up pull requests release on github for community testing
4 - advertise github repo on bioconductor and biostars forums
5 - compare to other packages
6 - write paper (decide which journal)
7 - have submission of paper + package ready for October deadline.

Regarding the sequence of events - do other authors usually release on
bioconductor before submission of a paper or at the same time?
What would you recommend?

Thanks for the help

Kenneth