[Bioc-devel] failing Bioconductor package DeepBlueR

Markus List markus.list at mpi-inf.mpg.de
Tue Sep 12 15:29:28 CEST 2017

Dear all,

Our DeepBlueR package is currently not passing R CMD check in devel because
of a class cache issue:

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/DeepBlueR/tokay1-checksrc.html

Found more than one class "file" in cache; using the first, from
namespace 'BiocGenerics'
Also defined by ‘filehash’
Error in (function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function ‘path’ for signature ‘"file"’
Calls: deepblue_liftover ... import -> .local -> path.expand -> path
-> <Anonymous>
Execution halted

I suspect this is caused by a conflict between filehashdb and BiocGenerics
which both use setOldClass with "file" to S4ify it. setOldClass has caused
trouble for other people, too:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44295792/setoldclassxts-causing-problems-in-a-custom-r-package

Still, don't know is why this suddenly leads to an error in devel and how
to fix it.

Any ideas?

Best,

Markus