[Bioc-devel] denied access to git

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Mon Sep 11 13:32:56 CEST 2017

On 09/11/2017 07:20 AM, Karim Mezhoud wrote:
> Thank You Dr. Morgan,
>
> When I cloned a repository with |git clone| , it automatically creates a
> remote connection called *|origin|* pointing back to the cloned repository.
>
> I tried to update bioCancer using old scenario 1:
>
>   *   git clone https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/bioCancer
>     <https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/bioCancer>

this wasn't the right place to clone from; see the instructions at

   http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/

you'll probably want to either maintain your package independent of github

   'Maintain a Bioconductor-only repository'

or 'Sync an existing GitHub repository' if you already have bioCancer in
a github repository.

In either case, you'll need to submit your 'ssh' public key using the form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdlTbNjsQJDp0BA480vo4tNufs0ziNyNmexegNZgNieIovbAA/viewform

using your current svn id 'k.mezhoud'.  The form is still processed 'by
hand', so you'll have to wait for approximately 24 hours after submission...

Martin