[Bioc-devel] pandoc SSL error on malbec2 and tokay2

Nan Xiao me at nanx.me
Sun Sep 10 01:44:47 CEST 2017

Hey Martin,

- thanks a lot for the very detailed reply. I appreciate the great
efforts your team has made, and I understand that it's hard to keep
everything in check especially on a large scale. :)

I dug further into the issue, and eventually, it seems to be a problem
in the communication between hs-tls and Google servers:
https://github.com/vincenthz/hs-tls/issues/152 . So my temporary fix was
switching to a third-party reverse proxy of the Google Fonts service.
Indeed, further transient Internet issues may sometimes happen when the
connection is bad, so migrating back to BiocStyle sounds like a good
long-term solution.

Thanks again,
-Nan

--