[Bioc-devel] experimental data packages and git-lfs

Turaga, Nitesh Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org
Thu Sep 7 22:21:27 CEST 2017

Hi Levi,

I’m not sure what you mean by tracked vs checked.

On another note, I have explored your package a little on GitHub (waldronLab/curatedOvarianData), and I’ve noticed that the data files there are stored as LFS files. As long as you don’t add the .gitattributes file in upstream, you should be fine. You can keep the LFS tracking on Github and non-LFS storage on bioc-git separate.

To summarize:  No LFS support as of right now on bioc-git server, so I wouldn’t use any LFS commands.

Best,

Nitesh