[Bioc-devel] Package additional maintainers

Stephanie M. Gogarten sdmorris at uw.edu
Tue Oct 31 21:57:16 CET 2017

Is this a new policy? Will packages that currently have multiple
maintainers be required to remove all but one?

All three of the packages I maintain have multiple maintainers listed.
In two cases, I added a second maintainer to the packages before I went
on parental leave, to ensure that someone would be able to respond to
issues in a timely manner. In the third case, I took over primary
maintenance of a package from its original author, but he would still
like to able to submit changes to Bioconductor. In all these cases, I
think the ability to have multiple maintainers has improved the
reliability of the packages, rather than the reverse.

Stephanie