[Bioc-devel] Build warnings for missing documentation on defunct functions

Obenchain, Valerie Valerie.Obenchain at RoswellPark.org
Wed Oct 25 03:43:01 CEST 2017

Hi Roel,

A deprecated function is still exported and documented. Inside the function you'll call .Deprecated() and the man page should state it's deprecated and suggest an alternative if appropriate.

The process of deprecate, defunct, remove is documented here:
https://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/deprecation/

If this doesn't answer your question please show the warning so it's clear which function(s) you are concerned about.

Valerie