[Bioc-devel] Modeling (statistic, p-value) pairs in MultiAssayExperiment

Levi Waldron lwaldron.research at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 13:49:05 CEST 2017

Just realized my answer yesterday went to Francesco and not the list:

Since it sounds like you have two matrices of the same dimensions, why not
represent these as two assays in a SummarizedExperiment?  E.g.:

> statvals <- matrix(rnorm(100), ncol=5)
> pvals <- pnorm(statvals)
> library(SummarizedExperiment)
> se <- SummarizedExperiment(list(statvals = statvals, pvals = pvals))
> se
class: SummarizedExperiment
dim: 20 5
metadata(0):
assays(2): statvals pvals
rownames: NULL
rowData names(0):
colnames: NULL
colData names(0):

If you then have more than one of these, with different dimensions, then
MultiAssayExperiment would be of use to you.

(PS: this question is probably better suited for support.bioconductor.org)