[Bioc-devel] Gviz Abandonware

Dario Strbenac dstr7320 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Sat Oct 21 01:00:06 CEST 2017

Hello,

I noticed that October 24 is "Deadline for packages passing ‘‘R CMD build’’ and ‘‘R CMD check’’ without errors or warnings." and "Identify packages to be ‘deprecated’ in the new devel, Bioconductor 3.7." and "... or those with errors and unresponsive maintainers." If the Release Schedule document at https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/ is accurate, then there is some uncertainty as to whether Gviz would fall into this category. That deadline is only 4 days away.

> Part of the joy of open-source software is participating in support and maintenance -- why not tackle unanswered questions with your own best effort?

Indeed, this is an advantage of open-source software, but if on the support website, questions have been unanswered in the past 3 months, would a pull request have any effect or also be ignored?