[Bioc-devel] Gviz Abandonware

Hahne, Florian florian.hahne at novartis.com
Fri Oct 20 09:15:23 CEST 2017

And why exactly is it becoming defunct? That is the first time I hear that it will be. The warning message is:

* checking for missing documentation entries ... WARNING
Undocumented S4 methods:
  generic '[' and siglist 'GenomeAxisTrack,ANY,ANY,ANY'
All user-level objects in a package (including S4 classes and methods)
should have documentation entries.
See chapter ‘Writing R documentation files’ in the ‘Writing R

Hardly a deal-breaker. Do packages with missing method documentation warnings get kicked out of Bioconductor these days?

I don’t really have much time developing Gviz these days, but overall my impression has been that it is reasonably stable. That being said, I am more than happy for someone in the community to take over development/maintenance.

Florian