[Bioc-devel] Git push error and duplicate commits

Matthew Myint matthewmyint1993 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 09:39:03 CEST 2017

Hi,

Recently I noticed in hindsight that my repository had duplicate
commits, but I missed this during my normal package updating
procedures.

It was odd that the hook didn't reject these, so I made a clean branch
from a commit before the problem occurred and cherry-picking commits
to the present state. However, trying to push this to bioconductor git
returned an error

> remote: FATAL: + refs/heads/master packages/cytofkit c.hao DENIED by fallthru
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> To git.bioconductor.org:packages/cytofkit.git
>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/cytofkit.git'

I've kept the original backed up, and here is the clean branch and
back up branch for reference.

Here is the link to my repo for additional reference
https://github.com/JinmiaoChenLab/cytofkit
https://github.com/JinmiaoChenLab/cytofkit/network (network display
for easy visualisation)

Sorry for the hassle