[Bioc-devel] EXTERNAL: whitespace or or end of line format conflict in git merge

Turaga, Nitesh Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org
Thu Oct 12 20:08:58 CEST 2017

Hi,

The white space (formatting) is a mistake on our end.

But as far as the instructions go it is mostly accurate.

Once GIT reports after the “merge” that you have conflicts, you could also, try this command,

	`git mergetool`

which will open a GUI to help you choose which version you want i.e HEAD vs upstream/master.

https://git-scm.com/docs/git-mergetool

Best,

Nitesh