[Bioc-devel] Cannot move 'xps' to GIT

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Sun Oct 8 19:37:28 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I wanted to update my package 'xps' and realized that I can no longer
use 'svn commit'

In order to use GIT I did the following:

1, I created a public key '~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub'

2, I did submit my 'SSH public key or github id to Bioconductor', using
the 'git/svn transition: ssh keys' form.

Here I entered my SVN user id, but it was not clear what my ID is.
So I checked 'svn info' and used  first my name 'c.stratowa' as SVN user id.
Since I did not succeed I repeated the procedure and used the UUID as
SVN user id.

Is this correct, or how do I get my SVN user id?

3, I created a new GitHub repository:

https://github.com/cstrato/xps

4, Then I tried to clone the empty repository from GitHub. Here is the
result:

iMac:GIT cstrato$ git clone https://github.com/cstrato/xps.git
Cloning into 'xps'...
warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.
Checking connectivity... done.
iMac:GIT cstrato$ git clone https://github.com/cstrato/xps.git
fatal: destination path 'xps' already exists and is not an empty directory.
iMac:GIT cstrato$ cd xps
iMac:xps cstrato$ git remote add upstream
git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/xps.git
iMac:xps cstrato$ git fetch upstream
Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

5, I realized that I needed to add my public key to:
https://github.com/settings/keys

The email I got was:
The following SSH key was added to your account:
iMac
df:2d:**:**:** etc

If you believe this key was added in error, you can remove the key and
disable access at the following location:
https://github.com/settings/keys

Now my questions are:

Do you think the SSH key should look as the one I got?

What did I do wrong?

Why do I get: permission denied?

Thank you.
Best regards,