[Bioc-devel] Fwd: git svn permissions

Turaga, Nitesh Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org
Tue Oct 3 20:11:53 CEST 2017

Begin forwarded message:

From: Thomas Lawson <thomas.nigel.lawson at gmail.com<mailto:thomas.nigel.lawson at gmail.com>>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] git svn permissions
Date: October 3, 2017 at 12:37:14 PM EDT
To: "Turaga, Nitesh" <Nitesh.Turaga at roswellpark.org<mailto:Nitesh.Turaga at roswellpark.org>>

Great! Seems to work now.

Thanks Nitesh,

Tom

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Turaga, Nitesh <Nitesh.Turaga at roswellpark.org<mailto:Nitesh.Turaga at roswellpark.org>> wrote:
Hi Thomas,

As far the password goes, that is happening from your “origin” i.e Github. You set a password for your SSH key there, and we have no way of knowing what it is. It is prompting for a password because you are using your HTTPS protocol for GitHub, i.e it is not using you SSH key.  This would be your GitHub password.

The second attempt you have another issue, you seem to have submitted keys again under t.lawson. I just processed the form, and added the keys to Bioconductor.

See if that fixes your “fetch upstream” issue.

Best,

Nitesh