[Bioc-devel] git clone failed from git.bioconductor.org

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 21:12:24 CEST 2017

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Juan David Henao Sanchez <
judhenaosa at unal.edu.co> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to clone my package from git.bioconductor.org as:
>
> git clone git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/coexnet.git
>
> But, I recive the next message:
>
> ==================
> Clonar en «coexnet»...
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
> ==================
>
> I created a public key stored in /.ssh/id_rsa.pub and the private key in
> the file id_rsa. Even, I created a config file with the next information:
>
> ================
> host git-bioc
>         user juancholkovich
>         hostname git.bioconductor.org
>         port 22
>         identityfile ~/.ssh/id_rsa
>
> But, the error persists.
>
> How can I fix this problem?

Hi, Juan.

Once you create the key pair, you'll need to submit your public key to
Bioconductor via a google form. See here:

http://master.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/new-package-workflow/

This is processed only once a day, so there will be a delay until tomorrow
(I think noon EDT).

Sean