[Bioc-devel] Accepted packages can't find each other and fail build

Sokratis Kariotis s.kariotis at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Nov 3 12:04:08 CET 2017

Hey all,

I can see the landing pages for both packages now (pcxn and pcxnData) but
as I try to install them using:

source("https://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("pcxnData")

I get the following:

BioC_mirror: https://bioconductor.orgUsing Bioconductor 3.5
(BiocInstaller 1.26.1), R 3.4.0 (2017-04-21).Installing package(s)
‘pcxnData’Warning message:package ‘pcxnData’ is not available (for R
version 3.4.0)

The same happens with the pcxn package but other unrelated packages
seem to install fine.

Regards,

Sokratis

On 1 November 2017 at 22:25, Hervé Pagès <hpages at fredhutch.org> wrote:

> FYI today's data-experiment builds completed and pcxnData is
> green:
>

> https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.6/data-experiment-LATEST/pcxnData/
>
> and propagated:
>
>   https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.6/data/experiment/html/pcxnData.html
>
> Now the next step is that the software builds will be able
> to install pcxnData on tokay1 (Windows) and veracruz1 (Mac)
> from the public data-experiment repo so the results for
> pcxn should get cleared tomorrow:
>
>   https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.6/bioc-LATEST/pcxn/
>
> It's a long (and admittedly confusing) ping-pong game between the
> software and data-expriment builds ;-)
>
> Thanks for your patience,
> H.
>

> On 11/01/2017 08:21 AM, Hervé Pagès wrote:
>
>> Hi Sokratis,
>>
>> Not sure why but it seems that for some reason the build machines
>> didn't manage to install pcxn so far. Until only now. I went on
>> build machine malbec1 to check whether it managed to install pcxn,
>> and it seems that it did:
>>
>>    > "pcxn" %in% rownames(installed.packages())
>>    [1] TRUE
>>
>> According to the log, it looks like this is the 1st time that it
>> gets installed on malbec1 (the data experiment builds just started
>> today and did the installation).
>>
>> So, if everything goes as expected, pcxnData should build successfully
>> today and pcxnData should propagate (granted of course that it also
>> passes CHECK). The build/check report for data-experiment packages
>> should update today around 5pm EST. It will take about 1 hour after
>> the report is updated for pcxnData to propagate to the public repo
>> and for its landing page to show up.
>>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience,
>>
>> H.
>>
>> On 11/01/2017 01:36 AM, Sokratis Kariotis wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> After the release I can see the release page of the pcxn package but not
>>> pcxnData package. In the build page it says it cannot find the pcxn
>>> package and fails.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Sokratis
>>>
>>> On 31 October 2017 at 16:33, Shepherd, Lori
>>> <Lori.Shepherd at roswellpark.org <mailto:Lori.Shepherd at roswellpark.org>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     It should be the same and you should be able to see the RELEASE_3_6
>>>     branch
>>>

>>>     git fetch --all
>>>
>>>     git branch -a
>>>

>>>     Lori Shepherd
>>>
>>>     Bioconductor Core Team
>>>
>>>     Roswell Park Cancer Institute
>>>
>>>     Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
>>>
>>>     Elm & Carlton Streets
>>>
>>>     Buffalo, New York 14263

>>> 2C-2BS10-2B2HQ-26entry-3Dgmail-26source-3Dg&d=DwMFaQ&
>>> c=eRAMFD45gAfqt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXA
>>> JJKaaPhzWA&m=uyIFjpL7wep4FyufJhLYsoBHxnLP8tcCArZLZdua1MY&s=4
>>> qo8KXmEZAYrs1orxWWzZrYuQLlLsLtq57YxqhFOyb0&e=>
>>>

>>>                           [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

>>> 84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=Fl
>>> PSgWYPpq5eZzzBTZvEIOmMB-UUoVXl-H0Ds6o-8QI&s=o2C7x5uPOBDM04Qg
>>> ZwXutO5Ss-V-ZqiQSgw3JctMdgs&e=
>>>

>>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stat.
>>> ethz.ch_mailman_listinfo_bioc-2Ddevel&d=DwICAg&c=eRAMFD45gAf
>>> qt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=
>>> FlPSgWYPpq5eZzzBTZvEIOmMB-UUoVXl-H0Ds6o-8QI&s=o2C7x5uPOBDM04
>>> QgZwXutO5Ss-V-ZqiQSgw3JctMdgs&e=>
>>>

>>>                 This email message may contain legally privileged and/or
>>>                 confidential information.  If you are not the intended
>>>                 recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for
>>>                 the delivery of this message to the intended
>>>                 recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
>>>                 disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email
>>>                 message is prohibited.  If you have received this
>>>                 message in error, please notify the sender immediately
>>>                 by e-mail and delete this email message from your
>>>                 computer. Thank you.
>>>                           [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

>>> 84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=Fl
>>> PSgWYPpq5eZzzBTZvEIOmMB-UUoVXl-H0Ds6o-8QI&s=o2C7x5uPOBDM04Qg
>>> ZwXutO5Ss-V-ZqiQSgw3JctMdgs&e=
>>>

>>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stat.
>>> ethz.ch_mailman_listinfo_bioc-2Ddevel&d=DwICAg&c=eRAMFD45gAf
>>> qt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=
>>> FlPSgWYPpq5eZzzBTZvEIOmMB-UUoVXl-H0Ds6o-8QI&s=o2C7x5uPOBDM04
>>> QgZwXutO5Ss-V-ZqiQSgw3JctMdgs&e=>
>>>

>>>                 This email message may contain legally privileged and/or
>>>                 confidential information.  If you are not the intended
>>>                 recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for
>>>                 the delivery of this message to the intended
>>>                 recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
>>>                 disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email
>>>                 message is prohibited.  If you have received this
>>>                 message in error, please notify the sender immediately
>>>                 by e-mail and delete this email message from your
>>>                 computer. Thank you.
>>>                          [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

>>> 84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=Fl
>>> PSgWYPpq5eZzzBTZvEIOmMB-UUoVXl-H0Ds6o-8QI&s=o2C7x5uPOBDM04Qg
>>> ZwXutO5Ss-V-ZqiQSgw3JctMdgs&e=
>>>

>>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stat.
>>> ethz.ch_mailman_listinfo_bioc-2Ddevel&d=DwICAg&c=eRAMFD45gAf
>>> qt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=
>>> FlPSgWYPpq5eZzzBTZvEIOmMB-UUoVXl-H0Ds6o-8QI&s=o2C7x5uPOBDM04
>>> QgZwXutO5Ss-V-ZqiQSgw3JctMdgs&e=>
>>>

>>>             --
>>>             Hervé Pagès
>>>
>>>             Program in Computational Biology
>>>             Division of Public Health Sciences
>>>             Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
>>>             1100 Fairview Ave. N
>>>
>>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__maps.
>>> google.com_-3Fq-3D1100-2BFairview-2BAve.-2BN-26entry-
>>> 3Dgmail-26source-3Dg&d=DwMFaQ&c=eRAMFD45gAfqt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7
>>> q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=uyIFjpL7wep4FyufJ
>>> hLYsoBHxnLP8tcCArZLZdua1MY&s=dchTsUqdQMAnLluyGzpxyuxQ1PEFqkv
>>> uibVSfgh5w2Y&e=>,
>>>
>>>             M1-B514
>>>             P.O. Box 19024
>>>             Seattle, WA 98109-1024
>>>
>>>             E-mail: hpages at fredhutch.org <mailto:hpages at fredhutch.org>
>>>             Phone: (206) 667-5791 <tel:%28206%29%20667-5791>
>>>             Fax: (206) 667-1319 <tel:%28206%29%20667-1319>

>>> 84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=zS
>>> oaByKtFW_c5CWf0Fc98NkhxwypZpujFQp0ZN5jwOI&s=
>>> D8I8ZrFeeBUFenF3KnBb2_mVP4mvvQpK-H2Pwm0Z-mk&e=
>>>

>>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stat.
>>> ethz.ch_mailman_listinfo_bioc-2Ddevel&d=DwMFaQ&c=eRAMFD45gAf
>>> qt84VtBcfhQ&r=BK7q3XeAvimeWdGbWY_wJYbW0WYiZvSXAJJKaaPhzWA&m=
>>> uyIFjpL7wep4FyufJhLYsoBHxnLP8tcCArZLZdua1MY&s=JPlDv116uLNLKB