[Bioc-devel] invalid PDF version and NULL vector errors in unchanged package

Wolfgang Huber wolfgang.huber at embl.de
Thu May 18 12:49:06 CEST 2017

Dear Sokratis

What do you get when you run the package vignette on a current R-devel
on your own machine?

Even if your code didn't change, that of R, or of packages your package
depends on, will have changed and may challenge assumptions that you
make in your code.

best wishes
	Wolfgang

17.5.17 15:39, Sokratis Kariotis scripsit:
> Hey all,
>
> I maintain 'pathprint', a package added to bioconductor in the last
> release. Now the BioC 3.6 BUILD (
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.6/bioc-LATEST/pathprint/)
> <http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.6/bioc-LATEST/pathprint/> is
> producing an error in all 3 platforms (despite it used to be error-free and
> there were no changes to the code after that). *malbec1* and *tokay1* share
> the same error:
>
> Error: processing vignette 'exampleFingerprint.Rnw' failed with diagnostics:
> invalid PDF version
> Execution halted
>
> while *veracruz1* provides a different error
>
> Error: processing vignette 'exampleFingerprint.Rnw' failed with diagnostics:
>   chunk 2 (label = data)
> Error in array(x, c(length(x), 1L), if (!is.null(names(x))) list(names(x),  :
>    'data' must be of a vector type, was 'NULL'
> Execution halted
>
> The two errors seem to be different, the first one appears at the very
> beginning and is general,
> while the second one is having a problem with the data chuck of the file.
>
> Could any changes in BioC 3.6 be responsible, since the code didnt
> change at all? Thanks in advance for any help!
>
> Regards,
>
> Sokratis
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

With thanks in advance-
Wolfgang

-------
Wolfgang Huber
Principal Investigator, EMBL Senior Scientist
European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Heidelberg, Germany

wolfgang.huber at embl.de
http://www.huber.embl.de