[Bioc-devel] unable to push local changes to bioconductor svn repository

Xu, Zongli (NIH/NIEHS) [E] xuz at niehs.nih.gov
Thu May 11 16:02:25 CEST 2017

Hi,

I got a new Linux computer, cloned my package from github, made some changes. I am able to update the changes to github, but can not push it to Bioconductor svn repository. Can someone help me to solve the problem.

The following is what I did:

git svn clone https://github.com/xuz1/ENmix

cd ENmix

bash ../update_remotes.sh

#push to github

git checkout master

git add -A .

git commit -a -s -m "commit made by Xu"

git remote -v

git push origin master

#push to Bioconductor svn

git checkout devel

I am good up to here, but when I run the following command

git svn rebase --username  z.xu

It showed the following error message:

Data from a previous version of git-svn exists, but

        .git/svn

        (required for this version (1.7.1) of git-svn) does not exist.

Done migrating from a git-svn v1 layout

Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history

Can anyone guide me what should I do to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Zongli