[Bioc-devel] Something about time out errors

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Mon Mar 27 18:37:41 CEST 2017

On 03/27/2017 12:22 PM, Aimin Yan wrote:
> I am submitting a R package to bioconductor. but I got time out errors when
> I performed R CMD check.
>

> Is there a possible way that I can set up time to allow more time for R CMD
> check? Or I have to use examples that they do not cost large time.

Submitted packages need to conform to package guidelines for space and time

   http://bioconductor.org/developers/package-guidelines/#correctness

so you'll need to develop realistic examples requiring modest resources.

Often long-running examples result from inefficient code, so it is
worth-while to profile your code to discover where the most time is
spent, and seek efficient implementations for that section of code
either through better use of vectorization or more sophisticated algorithms.

Martin