[Bioc-devel] Unit tests

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 04:26:33 CET 2017

There are multiple examples of unit tests for parsers.  In your case I
would include a small BAM file in /inst/extdata and make a test which
parses this file and asserts a number of things about the output.
Depending on philosophy, this may not be considered a pure unit test, but
it is very useful.  If the BAM file gets too big if its going to be
"interesting" we have in the past released experiment data packages with
testing data; this has usually been done for packages which read multiple
different files.  Examples are IlluminaDataTestFiles and
AffymetrixDataTestFiles (for parsing microarray data)