[Bioc-devel] Package not being built on Windows or Mac

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Tue Mar 21 07:55:52 CET 2017

On 03/20/2017 02:31 PM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
> As I recall, there were issues building RCytoscape (and packages that depend on it) on Mac and Windows. Mostly because this requires a running instance of Cytoscape for each platform (and double that for release + devel). That used too much infrastructure so we disabled building on those platforms. However, since RCytoscape contains no native (C/C++/Fortran) code, it will still be available on all platforms and should install just fine.
>
> As long as the same is true of categoryCompare then Mac/Windows users should be able to use it.

Exactly. Thanks Dan & Jim!

FWIW, supported platforms are controlled via the .BBSoptions file.
I added this file in August last year:

   hpages at latitude:~/svn/bioconductor/Rpacks/categoryCompare$ svn log -v
-r120632
   r120632 | hpages at fhcrc.org | 2016-08-31 17:13:55 -0700 (Wed, 31 Aug
2016) | 1 line
   Changed paths:
      A /trunk/madman/Rpacks/categoryCompare/.BBSoptions

categoryCompare depends on

Cheers,
H.

> Dan