[Bioc-devel] strange error in Jenkins build for singleCellWorkflow

Kevin RUE kevinrue67 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 20:19:40 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I had this same issue a few months ago (in the weeks leading up to the
release of R-3.4.0), when building an Rmarkdown website on my own laptop.
It seemed the session variables were cleaned up between markdown documents,
but that packages remained loaded and accumulated to the point that I hit
the '100 DLLs limit' (
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Is-it-possible-to-increase-MAX-NUM-DLLS-in-future-R-releases-td4720352.html)
causing the same error message as Aaron.

At the time, I was using R-devel which was to become 3.4.0. After a couple
of days, updating to the latest nightly build of R-devel solved the error
(except if I inadvertently touched anything else in the process).

It may not be much of a clear bug fix, but I hope my experience can
somewhat help hint toward the source of the issue on Jenkins.

Best wishes,
Kevin

Fun fact:
at the time, that issue made me discover this amazing package:
https://github.com/romainfrancois/nothing (which didn't solve the issue!)
Enjoy ;)