[Bioc-devel] unable to push local changes to bioconductor svn repository

Malgorzata Nowicka gosia.nowicka at uzh.ch
Wed Jul 19 15:46:33 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have followed Scenario number 2 for my svn mirror for the cytofWorkflow package (more precisely workflow) and I encounter the same problem as described below by Zongli.

Below are my exact steps. The same steps worked for my other package DRIMSeq.

Could it be because it is a workflow and not a regular package? If I do not change the update_remotes.sh file, there are even more errors because cytofWorkflow is not at https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/ <https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/>.

How should I fix it?

Thank you for your help,

Gosia

### I have forked https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/cytofWorkflow <https://github.com/Bioconductor-mirror/cytofWorkflow> to my repo https://github.com/gosianow/cytofWorkflow.git <https://github.com/gosianow/cytofWorkflow.git>
### I have added a commit to https://github.com/gosianow/cytofWorkflow.git <https://github.com/gosianow/cytofWorkflow.git>
### Now, I would like to update the bioc svn

$ git clone https://github.com/gosianow/cytofWorkflow.git <https://github.com/gosianow/cytofWorkflow.git>

$ curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Bioconductor/mirror/master/update_remotes.sh <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Bioconductor/mirror/master/update_remotes.sh>

$ cd cytofWorkflow

### Replace Rpacks with workflows in update_remotes.sh as cytofWorkflow is in https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/workflows/cytofWorkflow/ <https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/workflows/cytofWorkflow/>

$ bash ../update_remotes.sh

$ git branch -a

$ git checkout devel

$ git svn rebase

Migrating from a git-svn v1 layout...
Data from a previous version of git-svn exists, but
	.git/svn
	(required for this version (2.11.0 (Apple Git-81)) of git-svn) does not exist.
Done migrating from a git-svn v1 layout
Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history