[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Issue 395: An R package OPWeight

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Tue Jul 4 00:27:35 CEST 2017

On 07/03/2017 11:27 AM, Shakil Mohamad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a "Timeout" problem in my package building. If I use cache = TRUE in
> the vignette, the package builds smoothly; however, chache=FALSE faces
> timeout problem. Can anyone know why?

superficially, this suggests that you should be less ambitious in the
examples or data analysis in the vignette.

More deeply, this usually means that your code is written inefficiently.
You should try to identify the slowest functions, and try to improve
their performance, usually by writing them as 'vectorized' (e.g.,
colSums(x)) rather than 'iterative' (e.g., apply(x, 2, sum)).

Martin