[Bioc-devel] Errors and warnings while submitting package

Shepherd, Lori Lori.Shepherd at RoswellPark.org
Mon Dec 11 19:05:04 CET 2017

We will look into the X11 on our end -

ERROR: dependencies RWeka, rmcfs are not available for package BASiNET is occurring on mac - this is because the CRAN binary for rJava (a requirement of rmcfs) is not available. Unfortunately until CRAN provides this binary we cannot install the packages on our system. The review is aware and can continue reviewing based on the linux build results.

Warning: Update R version dependency from 3.4.2 to 3.5

The single package builder is building under development -  R 3.5 and Bioc 3.7 -  we strongly suggest having 3.5 listed because that is the testing environment that we can guarantee will work with all package dependencies and R version. In our testing environment we can ensure that the versions of the package are completely up-to-date and will run - there is no guarantee that the package versions on a local or remote machine have the up-to-date versions of packages and there are subtle differences between R versions that may affect package functionality.

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets