[Bioc-devel] 'IlluminaHumanMethylation450k.db' package installation

Tim Triche, Jr. tim.triche at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:24:20 CET 2017

1) It's supposed to be deprecated -- I'm not 100% sure why it's still in
release :-/ but will look into that
2) the FDb.InfiniumMethylation.hg19 package and
(eventually-forthcoming-when-I-get-around-to-it)
FDb.InfiniumMethylation.hg38 package are meant as its successor[s], hence
the error message:

  error: 'fun' is defunct.
Use 'FDb.InfiniumMethylation.hg19' instead.
Use 'FDb.InfiniumMethylation.hg18' instead.
Use 'mapToGenome() function in minfi or methylumi' instead.

3) This question is better asked on the Bioconductor support website,
https://support.bioconductor.org/, so that it comes up in Google searches,
like so:

https://support.bioconductor.org/p/73637/

Best,