[Bioc-devel] COHCAP GitHub Update

Charles Warden cwarden45 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 23:13:34 CEST 2017

Hi,

I downloaded code for the COHCAP Bioconductor SVN repository (
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/COHCAP/), made
some changes, and then tried to commit those changes.  However, I got an
error message that the SVN repository is locked, so the changes could not
be uploaded because of a switch to git.

I have a GitHub account, and I uploaded the COHCAP code (with the latest
round of changes) to GitHub:

https://github.com/cwarden45/COHCAP

However, I am not sure how to make this the new Bioconductor repository.  I
am trying to follow the instructions available here:

http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-existing-repositories/

However, if I run the command *git remote add upstream
git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/COHCAP.gi**t*, then I get an error
message: *fatal: Not a git repository.*

Can you please help me update the COHCAP Bioconductor repository and
understand how this is now managed through GitHub?

Also, I posted this question on the Support forum, but that may have not
been the right venue.  So, I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Charles