[Bioc-devel] Git transition -- regenerating repositories from svn

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Mon Aug 21 23:54:00 CEST 2017

On 08/21/2017 05:30 PM, Stephanie M. Gogarten wrote:
> I was actually thinking of SeqVarTools, since I have local commits that
> I'm not ready to push yet. GENESIS and GWASdata could be put on the "do
> not regenerate" list also - they have no unknown users, and I'd rather
> not go through all the steps again if I don't have to.

I did

   SeqVarTools$ git log --all --committer="unknown" --oneline
   SeqVarTools$

so there are no unknown commits. We won't regenerate.

For those following along at home :) there are false positives from the
above, e.g., in Biobase where there really was no known user...

Biobase$ git log --all --committer="unknown" |grep -B 3 cvs2svn
Author: unknown <unknown at email>
Date:   Mon Aug 23 17:00:07 2004 +0000

     This commit was manufactured by cvs2svn to create branch 'RELEASE_1_4'.

Martin