[Bioc-devel] Git transition is happening August 16th.

Charles Plessy charles-listes+bioc-devel at plessy.org
Thu Aug 17 02:45:06 CEST 2017

Le Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 08:30:22PM +0000, Turaga, Nitesh a écrit :

> The Bioconductor git server is now alive!! All future commits to Software and Data experiment packages should be made to the git server.
>
> Please see the documentation on how to use the new server https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/.
>
> If your package has been available through SVN remember to submit your SSH keys to https://goo.gl/forms/eg36vcBkIUjfZfLe2.
>
> NOTE: Workflow packages will remain on SVN for the moment.

Many thanks for this transition !

I have a minor thing to report: when running "git pull" with a non-C and non-US
locale, the remote server issues unimportant warning messages from perl.

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
	LANGUAGE = (unset),
	LC_ALL = (unset),
	LC_TIME = "en_GB.UTF-8",
	LC_MONETARY = "en_GB.UTF-8",
	LC_MEASUREMENT = "en_GB.UTF-8",
	LC_NUMERIC = "en_GB.UTF-8",
	LC_PAPER = "en_GB.UTF-8",
	LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
perl: warning: Falling back to a fallback locale ("en_US.UTF-8").

Obviously, client-side LC_ALL=C suppresses this, but perhaps it can be silenced
server-side, either by supporting many locales, or enforcing the default C
locale without warning.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy, Ph.D. – RIKEN Center for Life Science Technologies
Division of Genomic Technologies – Genomics Miniaturization Technology Unit