[Bioc-devel] How to solve warnings generated by loading other packages

Kristoffer Vitting-Seerup k.vitting.seerup at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 14:26:51 CEST 2017

Hi Everybody

I'm currently in the process of adding my newest R package to Bioconductor
and the last issue I need to solve i a warning generated when loading other
packages (which I depend on) due to functions with identical names in those
packages.

More specifcally I get this error:

* checking whether package 'IsoformSwitchAnalyzeR' can be installed
... [33s] WARNING
Found the following significant warnings:
  Warning: replacing previous import 'plyr::desc' by 'IRanges::desc'
when loading 'IsoformSwitchAnalyzeR'
  Warning: replacing previous import 'GenomicRanges::promoters' by
'cummeRbund::promoters' when loading 'IsoformSwitchAnalyzeR'
  Warning: replacing previous import 'plyr::count' by
'cummeRbund::count' when loading 'IsoformSwitchAnalyzeR'

Which registre with a warning (only) on tokay2 (windows).

How do I solve this problem?

In advance - thanks.

The details about the submission and package can be found here:
https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/349
http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/IsoformSwitchAnalyzeR_buildreport_20170421060205.html
https://github.com/kvittingseerup/IsoformSwitchAnalyzeR

--
Kindest regards
Kristoffer Vitting-Seerup, PhD

Bioinformatics Centre | Biotech Research & Innovation Centre (BRIC)
Dep. Of Biology
University of Copenhagen
Building 1, 3rd floor, office 3 (1-3-03)
Ole Maaløes Vej 5
DK-2200 Copenhagen N
Denmark
http://binf.ku.dk | http://www.bric.ku.dk