[Bioc-devel] Package warning due to function replacement

THEVENOT Etienne 207099 Etienne.THEVENOT at cea.fr
Fri Sep 23 13:59:46 CEST 2016

Dear Bioc Team,

First of all thanks a lot again for all the time you spend developing and maintaining the Bioc repository.

I recently added 'Biobase' as "suggests" in the 'biosigner' package in order to have the biosign method work on 'ExpressionSet' objects (devel version of 'biosigner').

Since it appears that the 'combine' method from 'Biobase' is common to a combine method from 'randomForest' (imported in 'biosigner'), the following warning is generated:

Warning: replacing previous import 'Biobase::combine' by 'randomForest::combine' when loading 'biosigner'

This message is fine for me (the 'combine' method from Biobase is not used in 'biosigner'), but I wanted to check that getting such a warning will not prevent the devel version to move into the next bioc release.

I thank you in advance for your answer.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.