[Bioc-devel] R package with using rjava and java libraries exceeding the allowed size limit

Eugenia Galeota eugenia.galeota at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:15:01 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I’m developing a package that uses some java libraries through rJava. The
java libraries that I have compiled from source to create a single jar file
with dependencies (size 85M) that exceeds the maximum size allowed for
bioconductor packages. I noticed that in CRAN there is another package
OpenNLP https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/openNLP/index.html using
rJava where the JAR files are imported through a data package
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/openNLPdata/index.html. Do you
think it is possible to use a similar approach for a Bioconductor package?
Have you any idea about possible alternatives? Thanks in advance,

Eugenia

--
Eugenia Galeota, PhD
Center for Genomic Science of IIT at SEMM
Email: eugenia.galeota at iit.it
Tel: +39 02 9437 5046
Via Adamello 16, 20139 Milan, Italy