[Bioc-devel] Trouble checking out svn with username and password

Brad Nelms bnelms.research at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 22:23:18 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to checkout a package that was recently accepted to Bioconductor
('CellMapperData'), but am unable to check this out using my provided svn
credentials. If I type:

     svn co
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioc-data/trunk/experiment/pkgs/CellMapperData
--username "bnelms" --password xxx

where 'xxx' is my svn password. I get the following error:

     svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL '
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioc-data/trunk/experiment/pkgs/CellMapperData'
     svn: E175013: Access to
'/bioc-data/trunk/experiment/pkgs/CellMapperData' forbidden

I have also tried using my full email as my username (
bnelms.research at gmail.com), but then I get this error:

--username "bnelms.research at gmail.com" --password xxx
     svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL '
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioc-data/trunk/experiment/pkgs/CellMapperData'
     svn: E175002: Unexpected server error 500 'Internal Server Error' on
'/bioc-data/trunk/experiment/pkgs/CellMapperData'

I can checkout the package using readonly as the password and username:

     svn co
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioc-data/trunk/experiment/pkgs/CellMapperData
--username "readonly" --password readonly
     A    CellMapperData/vignettes
     A    CellMapperData/man
     Checked out revision 3880.

I see there was a similar bioc-devel question last May (
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2016-May/009226.html), but it is
not clear to me what solved the problem for that user. My svn version can
access https. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Brad